Designer for Landscaping/Hardscaping
Northern Virginia Grounds is currently seeking an experienced Landscape/Hardscaping Designer that can utilize their skills and abilities to design and sell various landscape/hardscape projects. The qualified candidate should have broad knowledge of all aspects of landscape and outdoor construction – specifically common to the VA/DC/MD market.
This position requires a positive, eager, self-motivated person with a love for the industry that can work independently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The right person will be capable of designing, estimating and selling. You will have client contact on projects from start to finish. This involves tracking a project from the initial lead, to the design, the sale including follow-up through the process and close on the sale. Possible on site management of installation crews, including the layout of plantings, patios, grading, and excavation. Must have a strong background in sales. Job requirements include knowledge of plant material, irrigation, design ability, strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
The ideal candidate is consultative with strong relationship building skills, possesses out-of-the-box thinking and problem-solving ability, and ability to multi-task and sell. Must be able to design and estimate utilizing a computer program.
Job Type: Part-time to possible full time; designer to work on average 10 or more hours/week. The hours may fluctuate depending on the time of year. Candidate may work from a home office.
Northern Virginia Grounds was established in 1998 and services all of the Northern VA/DC/Southern MD areas.
Job Description and Requirements:
– Prepare conceptual and schematic designs using, but not limited to, industry standard software – AutoCAD, Sketchup, etc.;
– Ability to hand draw renderings/designs;
– Create price estimates, conduct client presentations and sales.
– Meet-Design-Sell all landscapes & outdoor living projects.
– Plant knowledge and planting design skills
– Willingness to work flexible hours along with necessary weekends
– Previous experience with Horticulture, Hardscape, Construction, Project Management and Sales
– Exceptional sales/customer service/communication skills – both oral & written
– Bachelors Degree in related field preferred
– Possess a great deal of self initiative: ability to complete tasks with accuracy and strong attention to detail
– Ability to consistently meet deadlines, manage time & workload efficiently
– Possess the ability to design and sell a variety of outdoor living projects simultaneously, including – landscapes, outdoor kitchens, pools, hardscapes, arbors, water features, outdoor lighting, drainage, etc. – complete, fully custom, high-end residential projects
• Landscape Design/Sales Experience: 3+ years Required
Please email resume, design & project photo samples.
Job Types: Part-time, Commission
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Landscape Design experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- What percentage of the time are you willing to travel for work?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
Visit our Contact page to apply!